From “Stone, An Illustrated Magazine”, Volume XI, June to November 1895.
The Carter-Dorsey Stone Company, Liberal, Mo., have begun work preparatory to taking out stone from their quarries on the Othen place. They have erected a blacksmith shop and are building three large derricks. One large space of the store has been uncovered, and work is still going on in that direction. Their drilling will be done by steam, and will have the latest and best machinery for the plant Mr. Dorsey, of Chicago, and H. C. Carter, of Omaha, are in charge of the work.
Liberal, Mo.—The Carter-Dorsey Stone Company has begun work on the opening of its quarry near Liberal. New machinery has been added.