The Story of Liberal, Missouri – The Medical Fraternity

THE STORY OF LIBERAL, MISSOURI
BY O. E. HARMON
Published by THE LIBERAL NEWS, J. P. MOORE PRINTER, LIBERAL, MO, 1925


The Medical Fraternity

One of the earliest doctors in Liberal was Mrs. H. M. Allen. She owned a drug store, but sold it in 1884. She became Mr. Walser’s second wife.

Dr. J. S. Gish arrived from Wheeling, Mo., in 1883. He is a graduate of the Missouri Medical College.

Dr. J. W. Clark came in 1884. He is a graduate of the Medical School at Ann Arbor, Michigan. For some years he and Dr. Gish were the only doctors in Liberal. They are still in active practice.

Dr. A. G. Eddlemon is a more recent arrival and is a partner of Dr. Gish.

Dr. F. R. Spell is also a recent arrival.

And so it comes that the medical profession has always been and now is ably represented in Liberal.

Dr. C. H. Hatten fills the dentistry profession with satisfaction.

Go to Table of Contents

Leave A Comment

Recent Comments